Well, today was attempt #3 at potty training Brock. We didn't start off too hot this morning. He was all grumpy when he got up and did NOT want to wear big boy undies. It wasn't until I showed him his drawer FULL of undies and let him pick which ones he wanted to wear that he started changing his tune a bit. I set my kitchen timer for about every 15-30 minutes and wouldn't you know, on our first sit down, he does NOTHING. But, Jillian was our little shadow today and was just so curious, so after Brock did nothing, she wanted to try. In the process of her trying, he got to playing in the water faucet and peed right there on the floor! Oh, I was so frustrated!!!!! But, we just cleaned it up and put on a new pair of undies. He basically ran around all day in a shirt and undies! He did great after that one episode. When my timer went off we tried again, and SUCCESS! Pee in the potty! I didn't think I could be more excited about some silly pee, but it was absolutely pure JOY. I put a pull up on him for nap time, and when I got him up after his nap he was still dry so we went to the potty and sure enough he went!!!! Then we got really brave and ventured out to Wal-Mart to get a new monster truck for going potty in the potty and he made it all the way home, and then peed in his pants. I couldn't even be mad. He did great. Then tonight he peed several more times, several tinkles, and then I couldn't believe my eyes...POOP. In...the...potty!!!! You think I was excited to see pee, you should have seen my face when I saw poop!!! I never thought I could be so excited to see poop in that toilet! We were both so proud!!!! Now, let's hope tomorrow we are just as successful, and maybe shoot me now, but we bought big girl panties tonight for Jillian to let her give it a go tomorrow! (By the way, this is Jillian wearing the potty seat as a hat...lovely. Don't worry, we weren't using it today!)
Chicago Marathon 2013
12 years ago

















3 comments:
I knew once you seriously started he would catch on fast. I bet you train Jillian at the same time since she copies everything he does anyway. No more diapers would be so fantastic! I wish I could have seen your ecstatic face! Hope tomorrow goes as well.
Yeah for Brock! Seriously do Jillian at the same time. That's exactly how I trained my kiddos. I set the timer and everytime they went they got a little treat. I just extended the time...another trick was to give them LOTS of juice and even Sprite (it was a treat) but it makes them pee more and more often, making success on the potty chair more often. BY bribe for Ava was letting her get candy and wear Ty's undies...she REALLY wanted to wear his...not hers! Congrats potty training makes life easier once you get through it.
That IS exciting!!! Sean pooped in the potty at school this week for the first time! We were so excited you would have thought he won the nobel peace prize!!!
GREAT JOB BROCK AND JILLIAN!!!
Post a Comment