Saturday, July 3, 2010

Bucket List #5 - Run a 5K

Ok....so maybe running a 5K was never on my bucket list...
and maybe I don't really even have a bucket list...
BUT-- I did RUN ONE!!


My sweet sister-in-law talked me into running a 5K, so for the past 6 weeks I've been doing the Couch to 5K. Problem is... the C2-5K is a 9 week program.... I somehow managed to run the WHOLE thing in 35 minutes and 4 seconds. I was scheduled to run 25 minutes that day on the program, so I set my goal as at least doing that, and then walking afterwards. But, I somehow managed to push through it! I'm glad I did it, it was fun! Felt like jell-o afterwards, but it was good. And gotta say... I like running. I'm finally starting to see real results from it, too! (which is very exciting!) These are only some of the shots TJ got for me pre-race. My mom hopefully has some more I can post later. TJ & the kids didn't even get to see me finish due to some bounce house drama... gotta love those bounce houses!

0 comments: