Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Jillian's 6 Months Old




It's hard to believe little Jillian is already half a year old! Where does the time go? I know one thing, it's going too quickly and I DON'T LIKE IT, not one single bit! She had her 6 month well baby visit today and had to get two shots. Those weren't too fun, but she did great and didn't seem to cry as long after them this time. Brock came along, too, and was such a good boy in his stroller the whole time! I couldn't believe it. Here's the latest stats on Jillian... she weighs 15.7 pounds, putting her in the 34 percentile. (She's a dinky little donut!) She was 25.5 inches long, putting her in the 35 percentile, and she has a head circumference of 43.2 putting her in the 68 percentile. I guess she has to have a big head to hold that smart brain of hers! I've been putting off trying the solids only because our life has been about hectic this summer with moving and all of that transition, plus this weekend we went out of town so it just hasn't felt like the right time to start. BUT-yesterday we finally gave oatmeal a try and boy, was she NOT a fan. She was already not too happy to begin with, then stuffing that oatmeal in her little mouth just didn't help matters any. She cried and cried, and then started gagging like crazy. I thought she was pulling a TJ...I've seen him do the same gag from having to change a poopy diaper! So, needless to say, we only got like 3 bites in. Then this morning, she woke up with this spotty rash all over her body. I just assumed it was the same thing Brock had last week, but after talking to the Dr. she didn't think it was the same thing, but possibly a reaction to the oatmeal. So, now we are not to try anything again until next week to see if she clears up. But, then I don't want to even try the oatmeal again just to see if that was the culprit of the spots, so maybe we'll just go to cereal or rice! We'll see, who knows?!?!?! She still has the watery eye and herniated belly button. Please add her to your prayer list that those heal on their own so we don't have to surgically fix either one!

4 comments:

Jenn said...

Oh boy - what a big girl! 6 months??? Where does the time go! We'll keep her in our prayers for continual health and healing of her issues. Love ya!

The Snodgrass Family said...

Love the oatmeal pics! You sure do have a cutie! We will definitly keep Jillian in our prayers.

Anonymous said...

Heather,

Your blog is hilarious....the comment about TJ gagging is too funny. I miss you guys.
Love you!

D

April said...

your two cuties sure look ALOT alike in those photos