We went to the Dr's yesterday for Brock's 15 month visit and Jillian's 2 month. They did really well, although it was crazy talking to the Dr about one baby when the other one is screaming and trying my best to pay attention to what she was saying. Thankfully Grandma came and helped out! Brock weighed 25lbs which is in the 64 percentile and was 32 in. tall which was in the 83 percentile. So we've got a tall, growing boy! Jillian was 11 pounds and in the 54 percentile and 22 in. long putting her in the 32 percentile. So, she's growing, too! They both had shots and did great! I had read in a Parenting magazine about giving babies sugar water before their shots to help with the pain. I did some online research, too. So, I thought I'd give it a shot. I made my own little concoction of sugar water and put it in a dropper. I gave it to Jillian right before the nurse came in for the shots, so about 5 minutes prior to her shots. Brock got his first and I didn't give him any because I had read on one site that it is effective for babies up to 6 months. He cried of course and was still a little teary eyed while Jillian got hers. But after Jillian got her shots she cried for a very short amount of time. I was amazed. I think next time I'll try it on Brock, too, just to see if it would help him. Amazing what a little sugar will do!
Chicago Marathon 2013
12 years ago

















0 comments:
Post a Comment