Sunday, April 10, 2011

Watch Out World

Brock, come on down!
You're the next contestant on...
"Awesome Deals Your Mama 
Found at OWB!" 
And what's behind curtain #1???
Why, it's a NEW BIKE!!!!

 
So, yesterday I got to go shopping at my favorite twice yearly consignment sale, One Week Boutique.  I LOVE finding a good deal and racking up my kids' summer wardrobe for super cheap!  But, when I saw this bike, I knew Brock would LOVE it.  It looked brand new and was only $25.  So, luckily a friend who was getting into the sale 2 hours before me volunteered to grab it and put it in the holding area for me with my name on it.  Awesome.  
For me the best part about OWB is that it feels like Christmas when you get home and get to go through all your treasures and steals deals.  So, I was super excited to see Brock's little face light up when he saw this bike.  And light up it did.  Until... he tried riding it and couldn't figure out how to ride it without constantly pushing down the brake.  So, we went from Yippeeee, to "Mom, I don't like that bike."  Again... awesome.
So, away it went into the garage.  
We went back outside to play again today and after being outside for awhile, I asked him if he wanted to try out his new bike again, and I was pretty surprised when he said yes.  So, out comes the bike.  And what do you know... he could do it!!!  Yes, I know...I'm an AMAZING teacher, what can I say?
So...Watch out World!!!  And people driving cars on my street, please!



And off he goes... *tear*
Can someone please just tell me where the pause button or slow motion button is on my life?  They are just growing up way too fast.  I. Don't. Like. It.  Not one little bit.  If Staples can have an Easy button, I think it's only fair that I get a Slow Down Please Button. 

And speaking of slowing down...
 This poor little munchkin has had a ROUGH go of it the past two days.  Yesterday while playing she tripped and jacked up her little cheek and underneath her nose.  I'm still not sure how she did it since I was trying to get Brock to figure out the whole pedaling bit on the bike.  

 
Then today while playing outside, she trips and falls AGAIN and skins up both knees, arms, and fingers.  Awesome.  It's going to be a fun summer if she keeps this up!  


0 comments: