So, I never really blog about things I'm feeling about my kids on this blog, but it seems so much is running through my head these days that I want to share so I can look back on it and hopefully say either, "Awww!" or "Whew! Glad that phase has passed!" Right now they are both at such a fun age. They play really well, for the most part, together. When they are running around the couch, and Jillian trips and falls over and says to Brock, "Help me! Ayuada me!" (thank you, Dora) and he does and then she thanks him and he tells her your welcome, it just makes my heart happy. Jillian is turning into my Little Miss Sensitive. Right now she's really big into saying, "You happy wit me, Mama? You happy?" And then she'll go on asking if I'm happy with Brock and Dada, and so forth. But I swear, she asks me that a million times a day. And if I say, "No, I'm not" she gets this really sad, pouty face. So, then I have to talk to her and solve the problem, because I can't bear to see her so sad. Brock's thing right now is at bedtime he's started not wanting to go down because he's afraid of monsters. So, he'll want me to lay with him. And, I do. Part of me thinks, just make him lay down! And then the other part of me thinks, ya know, one of these days very soon, he isn't even going to want me in his room. So, I go lay down with him...in his tiny bed...with half my body hanging off, but I love it. What else? Oh, they have been singing a lot lately. Mainly church songs, but there isn't much sweeter than hearing little kids sing Jesus Loves Me. And I guess the most recent thing is I started potty training Jillian today. Last night just out of nowhere, she says she's got to go potty. Usually I say, yeah, ok.... but for some reason I took her into the bathroom, sat her down, and she went! I think I was more excited about it than her! So, we did the big girl panties today and was pretty successful. She had one accident during the morning, but went 3 times on the potty. Then after nap time it was all down hill. She peed her pants twice and never pooped, which is not like her at all! So, it was a bit frustrating. I need more patience. Brock spoiled me. He was so stinkin' easy! But, we'll try again tomorrow! I don't know, I guess that's it... I do love being able to stay home with my kids and cherish the time we have together, but I think I need a mini-vacation so I can appreciate it more. They are wearing me out just a bit. OK, enough of my rambling... back to the cute pics of the little stinkers.
1 comments:
I SO understand about the "lay with me..." I have to remind myself that soon enough he won't want me anywhere around!
You have amazing kiddos and they have an amazing Mom!!!
Post a Comment