Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Gatlinburg Trip

The kids and I took a mini-vacation to Gatlinburg, TN last month with my Roberts family. We drove to Owensboro, KY first to my Aunt Susan's house then drove the rest of the way the next day with her fully loaded SUV. The kids did so well on the drive. I was impressed. I'm sure the dual DVD players I purchased pre-trip had nothing to do with that, though! My cousin, Andy's, father-in-law owns this cabin and was sweet enough to let us stay here for a week. You can see more pictures of the cabin here. So here is the view from our cabin up in the Smokey Mountains. It was beautiful!

(can you see Jillian???)

This bear skin was hanging on the wall above the master suite.

We really did see a live bear underneath the house one night!



Chillin' in the hot tub. I'm pretty sure we cooked Beau.
These next pictures are of the fun story, Ten Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed.
My Granny and Aunt Linda put on this big story telling show for all the grandkids.
They LOVED it! They each got their own monkey which they then reenacted the
story with and then Dr. Roberts bandaged their little heads. So cute!









These next pictures are from our trip to the Ripley's Aquarium. Fun times!
The kids all wore their matching Gatlinburg t-shirts that Granny got for them.



Aunt Susan treated us all to ice cream....YUM!






One day we went down into town and walked the Gatlinburg strip.
It was warmer than I had planned on it being, but the kids were troopers.
They enjoyed their enormous corndog from Fannie Farkle's. Super YUM.

(Don't worry, she didn't eat that whole corndog!)


And here we are back in Owensboro with Uncle Joe after a fun trip. It was a great trip and I loved getting to see all my Roberts family. The kids had such a fun time and it was great letting them get to know their family a little better!

1 comments:

Jenn said...

WOW! What a fun time! The monkey thing is absolutely ADORABLE!

Your family sure has good genes! Everyone is so pretty/handsome!