Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Strawberry Festival

 TJ & Jillian in front of what we think is Beaver Dam.
 

 I love her face here!  Pure joy.





Before heading to my aunt's house in Owensboro, TJ looked Owensboro up online to see what all fun things there were to do there.  One he found was the Strawberry Festival in Beaver Dam, just about 30 minutes from Owensboro.  It looked really fun online.  Then upon getting there... ummm... yikes.  It was about as redneck as they come.  They only had ONE little booth set up with strawberries and they didn't even look that appetizing.  It was super stinkin' hot, but we did manage to find us a corndog and enjoy a few kiddie rides.  Jillian and I almost got spit on by a big dirty guy who thought it'd be ok to turn his head and spit right as we're trying to go around him.  Good thing I had my sunglasses on or he would have been taken out with my evil eyes!  It was an interesting experience, but getting to experience it with family made it fun.  But trust me... we were ready to beat it out of there!

0 comments: