Monday, January 14, 2008

The Princess Has Arrived!

Baby Jillian Brooke Schlittler
7 pounds 7 ounces
19 inches long
Check out all that hair!





Baby Jillian has arrived! She decided to come a little early, but boy was I ready for her to get here! Thursday and Friday I was having lots of braxton hicks contractions and was just down right uncomfortable so I was really ready for her to make her debut. Saturday morning TJ & I headed to the hospital and got there a little before 9:00 am. I was already at a 7, so I was getting pretty nervous that they weren't going to give me the epidural. I was having some back pain, not like with Brock though, so I feel I handled it all a little better this time around. But, wouldn't you know...that darn epidural man would have to keep me waiting for what seemed an eternity! My wonderful nurse, who just happened to be the same nurse that helped deliver Brock, paged him twice and then eventually tried to call and find him. Bless her heart, she was wonderful. I honestly thought he wasn't going to come and that I was going to have to have her drug-free. (Which I know many a gal has done before, just not the option I wanted for myself.) Anyways, since I tested positive for this Group B Strep I had to have two bags of antibiotics in my system before giving birth, so as not to transfer it to her. Well, just as soon as that 2nd bag was in, my nurse checked me out and was like, oh, goodness, there's her head. Jillian was ready to come out! The nurse went out and came back with the Dr. I was thinking in my head, oh my, why is the Dr. here already? I haven't even pushed one time yet. I knew they usually didn't bring the Dr. in until that baby was ready to be out, so I just went with the flow and 2 contractions later with a few pushes, out she came! I'm telling you, it wasn't even 5 minutes and the girl was out. So much easier than the 2 hours of pushing with Brock! Don't get any bright ideas....I'm so not doing that again. I have my happy little family of four plus a dog, so I'm D-O-N-E! Enjoy the pictures of our newest edition. She's already a heart breaker!

7 comments:

Tracy said...

I am so happy for you guys! She is adorable and I am so glad that her birth was easy! Come on...just one more!!

The Iman's said...

Simply adorable! So did your heart immediatley grow bigger the moment you saw her?

Carrie said...

Awwww...She is adorable! Congratulations to all of you!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Heather, TJ & Brock. She is adorable!

Unknown said...

AWWWWWWWWWWWWW she is PRECIOUS!!!!! I can't wait to meet both of your babies and love on them. I have something for Jillian, but I need your address...so call me when you can! Love you!

Unknown said...

oops....where it says John...it's really Kelly....this is my stepdad's computer...sorry about that

Sara...... said...

What a fun day! Congratulations...now you will find out what your older one is capable of doing to the baby...and i thought you said you were done after brock.....:) She is beautiful!