TJ turned the big 3-0 today! We celebrated by going out to eat at Red Lobster. Brock of course had to steal the show at the restaurant. I can't tell you how many people stopped by our table on their way out to visit with him. He's a little charmer. He's such a cheese-ball and this picture really shows it! Check out that mouth full of teeth!

Here's TJ blowing out his candles. I really had the best intentions making this birthday cake for TJ. I was so excited to try and make it with two layers. Well, I let them both cool down before icing, but when I went to put the top layer on, it cracked big time in the transfer. Talk about a let down. It looked bad when he got home from work, but by the time we got home from Red Lobster, it just looked like a big, gigantic mess. My only saving grace....it really did taste good. (thank goodness!)

What a disaster. I never claimed to be a Betty Crocker. This makes me SERIOUSLY doubt even attempting to make Brock's first birthday cake like I was planning. I had very high hopes for a super cute cake for him, but do I risk it after this catastrophe?
3 comments:
Good grief! Brock looks SO big in that picture! It looks like TJ had a good birthday. Even if your cake did mess up, it did still look like it tasted good. What kind were you gonna make for Brock's birthday party?
Oh my gosh! Maybe you better let Grandma make his cake! Just kidding. I've made a few cakes that looked like that. Two layers is tough. It does look moist and yummy though. Keep trying. Your mother isn't any Betty Crocker either.
Neither is your sister. It must run in the genes.
Post a Comment